Barrow police locate stolen Jaguar
Last updated at 11:25, Monday, 11 February 2013
POLICE are investigating the theft of a Jaguar saloon from outside a house in Barrow over the weekend.
The grey Jaguar X-Type 2005 – valued at about £6,000 - was taken after a set of keys were stolen from a home in Nelson Street, Hindpool, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It has since been recovered by police in the St George's Square area but investigations into the theft are ongoing.
The brazen offender or offenders gained entry to the house via an unsecured door sometime between midnight and 8am while the occupants slept.
Following the incident, police have urged all residents to ensure they lock their house even when at home.
Anyone with information that could assist officers is asked to contact Barrow police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 17:55, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|