Barrow police locate stolen Jaguar
Last updated at 11:25, Monday, 11 February 2013
POLICE are investigating the theft of a Jaguar saloon from outside a house in Barrow over the weekend.
The grey Jaguar X-Type 2005 – valued at about £6,000 - was taken after a set of keys were stolen from a home in Nelson Street, Hindpool, in the early hours of Saturday morning.
It has since been recovered by police in the St George's Square area but investigations into the theft are ongoing.
The brazen offender or offenders gained entry to the house via an unsecured door sometime between midnight and 8am while the occupants slept.
Following the incident, police have urged all residents to ensure they lock their house even when at home.
Anyone with information that could assist officers is asked to contact Barrow police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 17:55, Saturday, 09 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|