Barrow police hunt masked attacker
Last updated at 08:38, Thursday, 28 February 2013
POLICE are investigating a serious assault in Barrow on Tuesday night that left a man with head injuries.
The assault took place in the alleyway between Bradford Street and Chester Street between 9pm and 9.30pm.
The male victim was punched several times causing him to fall to the ground where he was then kicked to the head.
The offender is described as a white male, approximately 5ft 10in, of medium to stocky build and wearing a bright white hooded jacket and black tracksuit pants.
It is also believed that he was wearing a balaclava or scarf over his face to hide his identity and he was last seen running towards the Ormsgill Lane area.
Anyone with information is asked to call Barrow police on 101.
First published at 23:11, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|