Barrow Police appeal for information on stolen mini-motorbike
Last updated at 16:24, Monday, 04 February 2013
POLICE are appealing to the community to help them reunite a distinctive mini-motorbike with its "devastated" owner.
The bike, a red Honda 50cc, was taken from a shed in a garden on Victoria Road, Barrow on Wednesday January 23.
It is believed the theft tookl place between 9am and 4pm that day.
The bike is thought to be a rare model dating back from 1979, valued at around £3,000.
Today police arrested a local 15-year-old boy on suspicion of burglary, and he is currently helping police with enquiries. The bike remains missing.
PC Paul Skivington said: “This is a very rare motorbike that we believe may have been stolen then sold on – though we anticipate it’s likely to still be in the town.
“This sort of bike isn’t seen regularly. It may be the only bike of its sort in the county, so we are turning to the community to see if they can help us trace it.
“The owner of the bike is understandably devastated and we would love to return it to him. Please, if you think you’ve seen this bike, or if you’ve been offered one for sale recently, please contact me in Barrow police station by dialling 101.”
First published at 16:23, Monday, 04 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|