Barrow Police appeal for information on stolen mini-motorbike
Last updated at 16:24, Monday, 04 February 2013
POLICE are appealing to the community to help them reunite a distinctive mini-motorbike with its "devastated" owner.
The bike, a red Honda 50cc, was taken from a shed in a garden on Victoria Road, Barrow on Wednesday January 23.
It is believed the theft tookl place between 9am and 4pm that day.
The bike is thought to be a rare model dating back from 1979, valued at around £3,000.
Today police arrested a local 15-year-old boy on suspicion of burglary, and he is currently helping police with enquiries. The bike remains missing.
PC Paul Skivington said: “This is a very rare motorbike that we believe may have been stolen then sold on – though we anticipate it’s likely to still be in the town.
“This sort of bike isn’t seen regularly. It may be the only bike of its sort in the county, so we are turning to the community to see if they can help us trace it.
“The owner of the bike is understandably devastated and we would love to return it to him. Please, if you think you’ve seen this bike, or if you’ve been offered one for sale recently, please contact me in Barrow police station by dialling 101.”
First published at 16:23, Monday, 04 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|