Barrow motorist flown to hospital following collision with lorry
Last updated at 22:46, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
A TEENAGE motorist was airlifted to hospital following a collision with a lorry.
The 19-year-old woman from the Barrow area was driving in Hollins Lane, Burneside, near Kendal, at around 12.20pm today.
She was involved in a collision with a Mercedes lorry driven by a 51-year-old man from Manchester.
The woman was airlifted from the scene to Royal Preston Hospital.
The lorry driver sustained minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The road was closed for four hours while police collision investigators examined the scene.
Any witnesses are asked to contact PC Tom Davis at Kendal road policing unit by calling 101.
First published at 22:38, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|