Barrow motorist flown to hospital following collision with lorry
Last updated at 22:46, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
A TEENAGE motorist was airlifted to hospital following a collision with a lorry.
The 19-year-old woman from the Barrow area was driving in Hollins Lane, Burneside, near Kendal, at around 12.20pm today.
She was involved in a collision with a Mercedes lorry driven by a 51-year-old man from Manchester.
The woman was airlifted from the scene to Royal Preston Hospital.
The lorry driver sustained minor injuries and was treated at the scene.
The road was closed for four hours while police collision investigators examined the scene.
Any witnesses are asked to contact PC Tom Davis at Kendal road policing unit by calling 101.
First published at 22:38, Tuesday, 13 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (4 comments)
- Date revealed for opening of new Barrow store (2 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Businesses backing calls to improve Cumbria rail services (3 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|