Barrow man faces Walney caravan park sexual assault charges
Last updated at 12:35, Friday, 02 November 2012
A 70-year-old man has been charged with three counts of indecent assault on a boy under the age of 14.
George Victor Hughes, of Blake Street, Barrow, was charged following allegations of sexual assault between 1964 - 1966 at Earnse Bay Caravan Park, (now West Shore Park) on Walney.
Hughes has been bailed to appear at Furness Magistrates' Court on November 20.
Detective Constable Sarah McArthur, of Barrow CID, said: “I would like to emphasize that there is no time limit in reporting incidents of this nature to the police, each case will be dealt with on it merits regardless of how much time has elapsed since the offence”.
The police investigation is continuing and anyone with information is asked to call DC Sarah McArthur on Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 12:04, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|