Barrow man faces Walney caravan park sexual assault charges
Last updated at 12:35, Friday, 02 November 2012
A 70-year-old man has been charged with three counts of indecent assault on a boy under the age of 14.
George Victor Hughes, of Blake Street, Barrow, was charged following allegations of sexual assault between 1964 - 1966 at Earnse Bay Caravan Park, (now West Shore Park) on Walney.
Hughes has been bailed to appear at Furness Magistrates' Court on November 20.
Detective Constable Sarah McArthur, of Barrow CID, said: “I would like to emphasize that there is no time limit in reporting incidents of this nature to the police, each case will be dealt with on it merits regardless of how much time has elapsed since the offence”.
The police investigation is continuing and anyone with information is asked to call DC Sarah McArthur on Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 12:04, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|