Barrow man faces Walney caravan park sexual assault charges
Last updated at 12:35, Friday, 02 November 2012
A 70-year-old man has been charged with three counts of indecent assault on a boy under the age of 14.
George Victor Hughes, of Blake Street, Barrow, was charged following allegations of sexual assault between 1964 - 1966 at Earnse Bay Caravan Park, (now West Shore Park) on Walney.
Hughes has been bailed to appear at Furness Magistrates' Court on November 20.
Detective Constable Sarah McArthur, of Barrow CID, said: “I would like to emphasize that there is no time limit in reporting incidents of this nature to the police, each case will be dealt with on it merits regardless of how much time has elapsed since the offence”.
The police investigation is continuing and anyone with information is asked to call DC Sarah McArthur on Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 12:04, Friday, 02 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|