Barrow dwarf games medallist could face jail
Last updated at 08:52, Monday, 24 February 2014
AN athlete from Barrow who has competed in the World Dwarf Games could be jailed.
Dean Richard Kelly, of Harrison Street, Barrow, will be sentenced in Furness Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 27 February.
Kelly admitted wasting police time on January 11.
The court was told Kelly had claimed a woman was stood outside his home with a gun, sparking a huge response from emergency services.
The 37-year-old has competed at the World Dwarf Games where he has won an array of medals – in August last year he received a silver medal following the 100m at the games in Michigan, in the United States.
The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report to be prepared, magistrates warned Kelly he could face jail as a result of his actions.
First published at 09:49, Friday, 21 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Fury over Barrow girl's school placement (51 comments)
- Pedestrian airlifted to hospital with life-threatening injuries after Cumbria collision
- Barrow mum’s baby death anger
- Barrow man arrested on suspicion of making threats to kill after two-hour police negotiations
- Dalton man charged with sexual activity with 13-year-old girl
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|