Barrow dwarf games medallist could face jail
Last updated at 08:52, Monday, 24 February 2014
AN athlete from Barrow who has competed in the World Dwarf Games could be jailed.
Dean Richard Kelly, of Harrison Street, Barrow, will be sentenced in Furness Magistrates’ Court on Thursday 27 February.
Kelly admitted wasting police time on January 11.
The court was told Kelly had claimed a woman was stood outside his home with a gun, sparking a huge response from emergency services.
The 37-year-old has competed at the World Dwarf Games where he has won an array of medals – in August last year he received a silver medal following the 100m at the games in Michigan, in the United States.
The case was adjourned for a pre-sentence report to be prepared, magistrates warned Kelly he could face jail as a result of his actions.
First published at 09:49, Friday, 21 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Pupils and South Cumbria businesses team up in inspirational project
- Police warning - Barrow road closed after traffic collision
- Social media finds owner of camera found in Windermere
- Accused fans discover final verdict in pitch disorder case
- SLIDESHOW: Glittering anniversary party for Barrow arts venue
- Housing plan could have cost Cumbria councillor her seat
- UPDATE: Electricity North West "on hand" after Met Office strong wind warning for Cumbria
- Cumbria police mobile phone snoop shock (2 comments)
- Cumbria shootings - five years on
- Barrow firm hosts successful recruitment fair (1 comment)
- Paddlers steam ahead on choppy Coniston Water
- Barrow Raiders have fingers crossed for Ward
- Post Office close to delivering Ulverston League shock
- Taylor keen to stay at Barrow AFC
- Askam football ace ready to take on the world with England (1 comment)
- New manager at Crooklands Casuals
- Barrow Raiders claw victory at Bears
- Barrow Raiders brush Bears aside
- Theo makes trip very worthwhile
- Wheelbase crew happy to hang in there with elite riders
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
- Party time as association marks 70 years at building
- Life at war in new exhibition
- Life lost in winning top gallantry medal
- Ways found to make food supply last out
- Eyes down for Car Boot Bingo
- Tough time for trading
- More names found for the 1946 workers
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|