Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Dog walkers saved by Ulverston rescue team
- Barrow chip shop smash - man in court
- Ulverston fun day unleashed for animal lovers
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Barrow mum saved baby from choking
- Health and transport plans could win Copeland seat
- Barrow man ‘in dark place’ when he hit pregnant girlfriend in stomach
- Lake District poet’s descendant celebrates 200 years of Daffodils
- Drainage key to success of developer’s Barrow homes bid
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood