Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Millom Rugby Union Club awarded £10,000 grant (2 comments)
- Australian children send war tributes to South Cumbria
- Barrow attack victim: 'I was left for dead'
- Rescuers called out twice to missing walkers on Cumbria mountain
- Cash machine blown up in Cumbria raid
- Big crowds expected for Ulverston pageant
- Barrow and Furness election hopefuls clash in debates
- Barrow man jailed for striking victim with piece of wood (2 comments)
- Rural Cumbria voters are calling for support
- South Cumbria drivers caught out by traffic warden's Sunday morning blitz (10 comments)
- Casson over the moon with Barrow AFC title success
- Jubilant Barrow fans speak of joy and relief
- Edmondson hails title-winning Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC crowned Conference North champions: with picture gallery (5 comments)
- Barrow AFC fans ready for Lowestoft title decider:with picture gallery
- We give Barrow AFC fans the lowdown on Lowestoft
- Superfan’s 6,500 mile trip to see Barrow AFC
- Day of destiny for Barrow AFC
- Edmo calls on Barrow AFC to write club history
- AFC Fylde boss still believes his side can pip Barrow AFC to title
- Sea cadets prepare for their Big Clean
- Big Clean at Bardsea Beach
- Nation’s tribute for five flying heroes
- Mystery lady to sell at auction for £10k
- Winning village team could get 1,500 fans
- Selling the secrets of ship technology
- Classic cars set to return
- Why the speed trap claptrap?
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Tracing granddad Bert’s footsteps in ill-fated campaign
- FOOD REVIEW: The Plough, Lupton