Man charged with sexual assault in Ulverston
Last updated at 12:14, Monday, 04 February 2013
A MAN has appeared in court following an alleged incident in Ulverston.
Liam Andrew Hughes appeared at Furness Magistrates' Court this morning on charges of attempted rape, sexual assault and threats to kill.
The 20-year-old of Devonshire Road in Ulverston issued no plea to the charges, which relate to an incident which is alleged to have happened at a house in Ulverston on Thursday.
He was remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Crown Court on February 22 at Preston Crown Court.
First published at 14:53, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Absolutely shocking and disgusting!!!
Make your comment
- Far-flung Cumbrians will post votes
- Ulverston students get to have voice
- Organisers of ‘The Fred’ hoping to break £1m barrier
- Golden Graham looking for a repeat of last year
- Barrow children to tackle litter problem at playing field
- Barrow students tidy nature reserve to help earn environmental award
- New Barrow recruits join beach litter battle
- New A590 signs branded a waste of money (8 comments)
- Date set in child sex offence sentencing for former Barrow man
- Runners make Dalton race a perfect 10km
- Barrow school make netball history
- Hawcoat claim bowling bragging rights
- Seasons to be cheerful for Furness footballers
- Big money Barrow snooker comp returns
- Lacey keen to taste Conference life with Barrow AFC
- Vickerstown reserves complete cup double: with picture gallery
- Dalton beat the rain and Carlisle
- Raiders coach blames Crusaders defeat on indiscipline
- Newbarns crowned Furness hockey champions: with picture gallery
- Table tennis ace Bolton fights hard for England
- Bank holiday no excuse not to vote
- How to keep happy and hopeful at 90
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gill Frankland and Gavin Bartlett-Hurlstone
- Ideas led to building style and new jobs
- Find story of families
- Public Hall date for top recording stars
- Treasures seen in 3D
- WEDDING ALBUM: Dale Sheila Park and Simon Hobson
- FOOD REVIEW: Clarence House, Dalton
- Small trains at the station