Artist due to unveil new work of art for Barrow college
Last updated at 11:45, Monday, 26 November 2012
AN international artist has produced a tribute piece to celebrate the transformation of his former college.
John Duffin was due to return to Furness College today to unveil his painting of the Copper Box, the main building of the institution's £43m campus redevelopment.
After leaving school at 16 Mr Duffin became a draughtsman apprentice at Barrow shipyard. During the early 1980s he studied evening classes in oil painting, and A-Levels in art, English and sociology at the college in Channelside.
First published at 11:02, Monday, 26 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
A wonderfully atmospheric painting, reflecting the ever changing landscape both natural and man-made on our south lakes peninsula.
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength