Arrest warrant withdrawn for Ulverston man in hospital
Published at 11:51, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
AN arrest warrant issued when an Ulverston man failed to turn up in court has been withdrawn after it emerged he didn’t appear because he was in hospital.
Stephen Lewis Coates, of County Square, Ulverston, was set to face a string of charges at Furness Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday. (20)
The case was listed again today (21) but it was made clear he was unable to appear due to illness.
Coates, 38, is accused of possession of a knife on May 6, burglary on May 2 where it is claimed he stole a Ridgeback mountain bike worth £400 and a pair of cycling shoes valued at £40.
He is also charged with six counts of theft from shops in Ulverston town centre.
These include the alleged theft of goods such as cheese, perfume, personal care items, washing powder, socks coffee, lager and steak. The alleged offences took place between March 8 and 10.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|