Alleged sexual assault of Barrow girl, 13 - Police stop search
Last updated at 15:05, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
POLICE are no longer searching for a man wanted over the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in Barrow on the weekend.
A statement from the Criminal Investigation Department this afternoon said a "different set of circumstances" to those "originally reported to police" had emerged.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi said: "We are continuing to work with and support the person who reported the incident, as this is still subject of an investigation.
"We do want to stress that any reports we receive of attacks are subject of a thorough and comprehensive investigation."
First published at 09:15, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Second day of Ulverston supermarket legal hearing underway (14 comments)
- Drunken man’s rescue in Barrow cost emergency services £18k
- Holker Street bar name vote options revealed (9 comments)
- Barrow family’s joy as boy back home after five-month hospital stay
- Casson apologises for Barrow AFC cup exit (4 comments)
World's biggest coffee morning 2014
WCF pet and equestrian
Choosing a pre school
Come and join us 5
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|