Alleged sexual assault of Barrow girl, 13 - Police stop search
Last updated at 15:05, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
POLICE are no longer searching for a man wanted over the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in Barrow on the weekend.
A statement from the Criminal Investigation Department this afternoon said a "different set of circumstances" to those "originally reported to police" had emerged.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi said: "We are continuing to work with and support the person who reported the incident, as this is still subject of an investigation.
"We do want to stress that any reports we receive of attacks are subject of a thorough and comprehensive investigation."
First published at 09:15, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|