Alleged sexual assault of Barrow girl, 13 - Police stop search
Last updated at 15:05, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
POLICE are no longer searching for a man wanted over the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in Barrow on the weekend.
A statement from the Criminal Investigation Department this afternoon said a "different set of circumstances" to those "originally reported to police" had emerged.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi said: "We are continuing to work with and support the person who reported the incident, as this is still subject of an investigation.
"We do want to stress that any reports we receive of attacks are subject of a thorough and comprehensive investigation."
First published at 09:15, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|