Alleged sexual assault of Barrow girl, 13 - Police stop search
Last updated at 15:05, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
POLICE are no longer searching for a man wanted over the alleged sexual assault of a 13-year-old girl in Barrow on the weekend.
A statement from the Criminal Investigation Department this afternoon said a "different set of circumstances" to those "originally reported to police" had emerged.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi said: "We are continuing to work with and support the person who reported the incident, as this is still subject of an investigation.
"We do want to stress that any reports we receive of attacks are subject of a thorough and comprehensive investigation."
First published at 09:15, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (2 comments)
- Levy could see supermarket profits ploughed into Ulverston (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|