'Aggressive' cold caller arrested in Barrow
Last updated at 16:54, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
A MAN has been arrested after an investigation into unwanted cold callers by Barrow police.
The 25-year-old was arrested on Tuesday for suspected aggressive selling practices under consumer protection regulations.
The man, from Preston, has been interviewed and bailed until June 11 by police.
Barrow CID and trading standards officers from Cumbria County Council launched an investigation following reports of unwanted cold callers in Barrow.
Detective Constable Kerry Harris said: “We have arrested a man on suspicion of this offence but we ask the public not to be complacent and remain vigilant when a stranger calls trying to sell you something.”
Anyone who feels they have been a victim of bogus or aggressive cold callers should contact Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|