'Aggressive' cold caller arrested in Barrow
Last updated at 16:54, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
A MAN has been arrested after an investigation into unwanted cold callers by Barrow police.
The 25-year-old was arrested on Tuesday for suspected aggressive selling practices under consumer protection regulations.
The man, from Preston, has been interviewed and bailed until June 11 by police.
Barrow CID and trading standards officers from Cumbria County Council launched an investigation following reports of unwanted cold callers in Barrow.
Detective Constable Kerry Harris said: “We have arrested a man on suspicion of this offence but we ask the public not to be complacent and remain vigilant when a stranger calls trying to sell you something.”
Anyone who feels they have been a victim of bogus or aggressive cold callers should contact Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 16:50, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Edmo 'not interested' in leaving Barrow AFC (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|