Abnormal load on roads for final delivery to Cumbria wind farm
Last updated at 10:30, Friday, 01 February 2013
POLICE have warned motorists they will be escorting an large load along Cumbrian roads today.
This is the final abnormal load movement into the Armisteads Wind Farm at Old Hutton, near Kendal.
A nacelle will set off around 12 noon today from Burton Services escorted by officers from Cumbria Constabulary Roads Policing Unit, and will travel along the M6 northbound to junction 36, where it will then make its way up the A65 to Oxenholme.
At Oxenholme, the load will turn right into Helmside Road, then right into the B6254, continuing its journey up through the villages of Middleshaw and Old Hutton, before arriving on site at the Armisteads Wind Farm around 12.45pm.
The load is one of the smaller in the series and is unlikely to cause any significant delays.
This concludes the movement of the abnormal loads for the Armisteads Wind Farm and Cumbria Constabulary Roads Policing Unit would like to thank local residents and motorists for their continued co-operation and patience during this operation.
First published at 10:01, Friday, 01 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing from police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|