2,488 participants took part in the 46th Keswick to Barrow and Coniston to Barrow walks raising £310,291 this year.
ANYONE cheering on the walkers at this year’s Keswick to Barrow Walk, may have noticed that many on the day were wearing distinctive purple t-shirts emblazoned with the Alice’s Escapes logo.
A BIG celebration of the amazing record-breaking success of this year’s Keswick to Barrow walk took place at a special awards ceremony at Abbey House Hotel, Barrow, last night.
MONEY from this year’s Keswick to Barrow Walk will help to fund a conservation project for service users at mental health charity, Mind in Furness, as CLAIRE CRISP discovers
THE Gordon Howell President’s Trophy is awarded to recognise a special achievement and was presented to John Falconer who so far has completed the walk a staggering 35 times.
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - Jo smashes cash record for her first year in walk
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - Charity’s drink and a chat at Stone Trough
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - None tougher than the Tonka team
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - Helping to keep rescue service in the air
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - Every pound counts for us
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow Raiders edge past Gloucestershire in cup (8 comments)
- Free dog healthcheck after Barrow's deadly parvo outbreak
- Trust running Furness General Hospital misses waiting times target for A&E - again
- Millom recycling centre closed for "urgent works"
- Low water temperature closes Furness swimming pool
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|