Gold star for Carlisle pub in national loo awards
Last updated at 08:45, Thursday, 08 November 2012
A Carlisle pub is flushed with success after being honoured for its toilets this week.
The William Rufus in Botchergate won a gold star rating in the Loo of the Year Awards 2012.
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of ‘away from home’ toilet provision across the UK.
Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at across the UK.
All of the toilets are graded from bronze to gold with unacceptable toilets not graded at all.
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment and overall management.
The William Rufus, a Wetherspoon pub, is managed by Matheu Potts.
He said: “I am delighted with the award. Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
First published at 08:35, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|