Gold star for Carlisle pub in national loo awards
Last updated at 08:45, Thursday, 08 November 2012
A Carlisle pub is flushed with success after being honoured for its toilets this week.
The William Rufus in Botchergate won a gold star rating in the Loo of the Year Awards 2012.
The awards are aimed at highlighting and improving standards of ‘away from home’ toilet provision across the UK.
Authorised inspectors make unannounced visits to hundreds of toilets at across the UK.
All of the toilets are graded from bronze to gold with unacceptable toilets not graded at all.
The toilets are judged against numerous criteria, including décor and maintenance, cleanliness, accessibility, hand washing and drying equipment and overall management.
The William Rufus, a Wetherspoon pub, is managed by Matheu Potts.
He said: “I am delighted with the award. Staff at the pub work hard to ensure the toilets are in first-class condition at all times and it is great that this has been recognised by the inspectors.”
First published at 08:35, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- UPDATE: Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (6 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Reforms could cause hardship over Christmas in Cumbria
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|