Gold awards for Lake District Cheese Company's vintage cheddar
Last updated at 08:55, Monday, 03 December 2012
The Lake District Cheese Company is celebrating two gold wins for its Vintage Cheddar at this year’s World Cheese Awards.
The awards took place at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham on Wednesday.
The Lake District brand shook off global competition at the awards, the largest and most diverse of their kind in the world, to take the double accolade.
This latest award follows earlier success including the Guy Smith Memorial Trophy for Best Single Mature Cheddar at the Nantwich International Cheese Show and recipient of a Prince of Wales Award for Outstanding Quality at the Great Yorkshire Show for its smoked cheddar.
“It’s an honour to be recognised at the World Cheese Awards.” says Martin Lomas, Lake District Creamery manager.
“We take great pride in producing our cheese and it’s rewarding to see the brand recognised in this way.”
First published at 08:53, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Crash between driver, 84, and motorcyclist in Lindal causes delays
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Appeal after criminal damage at Barrow family centre
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|