Gold awards for Lake District Cheese Company's vintage cheddar
Last updated at 08:55, Monday, 03 December 2012
The Lake District Cheese Company is celebrating two gold wins for its Vintage Cheddar at this year’s World Cheese Awards.
The awards took place at the BBC Good Food Show in Birmingham on Wednesday.
The Lake District brand shook off global competition at the awards, the largest and most diverse of their kind in the world, to take the double accolade.
This latest award follows earlier success including the Guy Smith Memorial Trophy for Best Single Mature Cheddar at the Nantwich International Cheese Show and recipient of a Prince of Wales Award for Outstanding Quality at the Great Yorkshire Show for its smoked cheddar.
“It’s an honour to be recognised at the World Cheese Awards.” says Martin Lomas, Lake District Creamery manager.
“We take great pride in producing our cheese and it’s rewarding to see the brand recognised in this way.”
First published at 08:53, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (25 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|