Fallen angels solve whodunnit
Last updated at 11:27, Friday, 09 November 2012
AN old fashioned whodunnit was given a sinister twist to celebrate Halloween.
Super sleuths, dressed as fallen angels, gathered at Abbey House Hotel for its annual Murder Mystery Night.
Emma Forrester, from Ulverston, attended with six of her friends, and solved the puzzles to frame the suspect.
“I organised for myself and my friends to attend,” she said.
“The tickets were sold enough in advance for us to start organising our costumes.
“We all stuck to the theme, although we did have a couple of hags.”
The diners enjoyed a three course meal and a performance by actors before solving the mystery.
“It was a real laugh,” added Emma.
“And we won.”
Emma received a certificate and a collection of Sherlock Holmes stories.
First published at 11:25, Friday, 09 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Send us your photos
1. Via Twitter Use hashtag #NWEMsocialpics
2. Via Facebook Message us or tag us in the photo. Our Facebook page is at facebook.com/northwesteveningmail
3. From your mobile phone. Simply type EM VIEWS and send to 88833. Only standard network charges apply.
4. Use the form below. It's really easy . . . .
a) Fill in the Name box so that we can credit you with a by-line in paper and/or online
b) Add your Email address so that we can get back to you, either for more details or just to say thank-you
c) Put some basic details into the Message box ie what it is a picture of, when it was taken etc
d) Press the Browse button to locate the image on your computer
e) Press the Send Email button
You can only attach one image at a time but you will get an option after sending to repeat the process.
Before sending, please reduce your image file size to 500k or less. That will ensure it leaves you quicker and we receive all images.
Email larger files directly to email@example.com
The form . . .
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|