Secondary school Independent secondary school
Primary School Independent primary school
A NEW headteacher claims work is already under way to change the fortunes of her failing Lake District school.
- Millom students’ Borneo adventure an ‘amazing’ experience
- Barrow head calls for curriculum to help give children skills for life
- Barrow MP assumes teaching role for summer school launch
- Inspectors praise Barrow pupils’ ‘outstanding’ behaviour (1 comment)
- Teaching graduates take the direct route to the classroom
- Extra English and maths tuition all adds up for children
- Little graduates cap off a great year for Barrow nursery
- Small Cumbria school has big plans to support pupils’ careers
CUMBRIA needs to act fast to prevent a potentially devastating engineering skills gap.
DECIDING the next step after GCSEs or college can be a worrying time for many young people, especially for those who have limited offers or whose results are not what they hoped for. However, they should not feel disheartened as there is a wide range of offers and opportunities available. SARAH WILLIAMS, Inspira’s area manager in Furness, talks about the different options open to teenagers, and how Inspira can help you overcome any barriers on the route into employment