Dalton food festival gets tasty finale
Last updated at 10:15, Tuesday, 12 February 2013
FOOD lovers were treated to a night of culinary delights at Clarence House Hotel this week.
The Dalton venue hosted the final night of its unique Gastronomic Extravaganza on Tuesday, raising money for the Lake District Farmers Armstrong Family Charitable Fund.
The evening’s guest chefs were Cornwall-based Paul Ainsworth and London-based Andre Garrett, both of whom hold a Michelin star.
Guests on the night were unsurprisingly delighted with the quality of food on offer.
Darren West, 28, distribution manager at Lake District Farmers, said: “This will give the charity a huge boost.”
Allan Pitcher from Barrow said: “The food was great, and it’s for such a beautiful concept.”
First published at 15:43, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow - increase in train services announced
- Barrow footballer who suffered stroke tells of goal to get back on pitch
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- Case of Barrow man charged with attempted murder adjourned
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|