Cumbrian tourism firms urged to sign up to 'green' scheme
Last updated at 10:23, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Tourism businesses in Cumbria are being urged to sign up for an initiative that has raised more than £2m for conservation projects.
Nurture Lakeland, which has 1,200 members, promotes “considerate and sustainable” tourism.
Its Visitor Giving scheme raises money from visitors, tourism businesses and others. Participating businesses undertake to fundraise for conservation and environmental projects.
In the last six months alone, they have raised nearly £60,000.
Beneficiaries include Dubwath Silver Meadows, Red Squirrels Northern England, the National Trust, the Woodland Trust and the Friends of the Lake District.
Nurture Lakeland is running a free networking event at the Langdale Estate, Great Langdale, from 7pm-9pm on Wednesday.
Interested businesses can find out more about the organisation and meet others who are members.
To book, email email@example.com or phone 01539 822622.
First published at 10:20, Tuesday, 05 February 2013
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|