Cumbrian puddings firm braced for festive rush
Last updated at 14:29, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
A luxury Christmas pudding company predicts it will sell out before the big day – for the third year running.
Country Puddings, based in Dacre near Penrith, has been inundated with orders for its luxury Christmas puddings.
Last year it sold out six weeks before Christmas.
Lynne Mallinson, director of Country Puddings, said: “It has been a challenge to keep up with demand; the team start making the puddings in January to give them several months to mature in time for Christmas.
“Each year we increase the number of puddings we make, but once again sales have increased and the puddings are flying out of the kitchen.”
A donation from every pudding is given to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, last year raising more than £350.
This year the company is also running an online shop for a limited time.
First published at 13:44, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted (2 comments)
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’ (2 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|