Cumbrian puddings firm braced for festive rush
Last updated at 14:29, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
A luxury Christmas pudding company predicts it will sell out before the big day – for the third year running.
Country Puddings, based in Dacre near Penrith, has been inundated with orders for its luxury Christmas puddings.
Last year it sold out six weeks before Christmas.
Lynne Mallinson, director of Country Puddings, said: “It has been a challenge to keep up with demand; the team start making the puddings in January to give them several months to mature in time for Christmas.
“Each year we increase the number of puddings we make, but once again sales have increased and the puddings are flying out of the kitchen.”
A donation from every pudding is given to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, last year raising more than £350.
This year the company is also running an online shop for a limited time.
First published at 13:44, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|