Cumbrian puddings firm braced for festive rush
Last updated at 14:29, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
A luxury Christmas pudding company predicts it will sell out before the big day – for the third year running.
Country Puddings, based in Dacre near Penrith, has been inundated with orders for its luxury Christmas puddings.
Last year it sold out six weeks before Christmas.
Lynne Mallinson, director of Country Puddings, said: “It has been a challenge to keep up with demand; the team start making the puddings in January to give them several months to mature in time for Christmas.
“Each year we increase the number of puddings we make, but once again sales have increased and the puddings are flying out of the kitchen.”
A donation from every pudding is given to Breakthrough Breast Cancer, last year raising more than £350.
This year the company is also running an online shop for a limited time.
First published at 13:44, Wednesday, 14 November 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|