Cumbrian green energy firm’s recruitment drive
Last updated at 16:02, Friday, 11 May 2012
A renewable energy firm has launched a recruitment drive after clinching a £500,000 investment to expand.
EcoLogicLiving, of Carlisle, is looking for management, sales staff and installation engineers as it aims to double in size over the next 12 months.
The firm, run by Islam and Judy Pearson, supplies and installs renewable energy and heating technologies for homes and businesses including solar PV panel and biomass.
The company secured a cash injection from venture capital fund the North West Fund for Energy and Environmental.
Mr Pearson said: “We are initially advertising for six positions, but we hope to add to that later in the year.
“The ultimate aim is to double our workforce in the next 12 months.
“The investment was designed principally for us to recruit and build a management team, build up our sales team and take on extra installations staff.
“We want to take on Cumbrian people and we want dynamic individuals with passion and energy.”
The firm recently installed solar panels on the Sands Centre and the Civic Centre, in Carlisle, in a landmark project with the city council.
First published at 14:05, Friday, 11 May 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|