Cumbrian financial adviser made society member
Last updated at 12:36, Friday, 21 December 2012
Financial adviser David Finan has become a member of the Society of Later Life Advisers (Solla).
He says the accreditation is regarded by many as the “gold standard” for advising older people on financial matters.
Members have to adhere to a six-point code of practice.
Mr Finan, who lives near Keswick, is a chartered financial planner and managing director of Jardine Finan Wealth Managers at Parkhouse, Carlisle.
He said: “I am proud to have achieved the Solla accreditation.
“It recognises not only of my formal qualifications but also my expertise when dealing with what are often emotive financial decisions that older clients and their families face.
“It gives reassurance to clients but also other professionals and agencies that deal with older people.”
Mr Finan has 25 years’ experience as a financial adviser.
He began his career with Barclays Bank and has also worked for Armstrong Watson and the national wealth-management firm Torquil Clark.
He was a joint founder of Christopher Harrison Financial Advisers in Carlisle in 2009.
He renamed the firm Jardine Finan after taking control a year later.
Jardine Finan in unusual in being directly authorised by the Financial Services Authority rather than through a network.
Although the firm offers all types of financial advice, helping older clients is a particular strength. For example, it advises people who need long-term care.
Only those with assets of less than £14,250 have their care bills met in full by Cumbria County Council while those with more than £23,250 have to cover all their care costs.
First published at 12:33, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Browse the ASBO gallery (9 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|