Company forging new links
Last updated at 08:34, Thursday, 08 November 2012
WEST Cumbria is “an area for real growth” according to the new corporate director at Armstrong Watson’s Lillyhall office.
Richard Askew, who has been with the company for the last six years, has been tasked with developing new links and opportunities at the accountancy and business advice firm.
Under his and the seven-strong team’s remit is identifying people in relevant sectors for growth - a challenge he said which is coming into its own following the strength of the region as Britain’s Energy Coast.
“So far things are going really well,” he said. “We needed more resources on the ground here in West Cumbria because the region is rich at the moment in terms or growth and opportunities.
“The strengthening of our team here means Armstrong Watson believes in West Cumbria. All of our staff are coming in from existing offices many of whom have links with the area - so they most certainly know their stuff.”
Richard, who is originally from Cockermouth but now lives in Maryport, said the team – five of whom are accounts based and the other two financial services – have extensive knowledge in their fields, particularly in sectors relating to West Cumbria.
“We’re tasked with tapping into areas that are very strong in this region, including those outside of the nuclear and energy industry such as the motor trade and tourism,” he added.
“Our aim is to support clients for the long term – helping them to grow their business and share contracts.”
Richard said the team will be building relationships in the area and keeping to its beliefs of local delivery.
He added the difficult economic times mean firms such as Armstrong Watson have to offer the whole package of advice alongside service and support.
First published at 16:24, Monday, 05 November 2012
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|