Last updated at 10:30, Wednesday, 05 September 2012
Are you passionate about your area?
The Evening Mail has launched community pages in the paper written by the community for the community. If you are part of a community group or have something to say about your town or village this is your chance to make your voice heard.
Each day two community news pages will be published. One will be for part of the Barrow borough the other will be for areas in the rest of South Cumbria.
Monday - Hawcoat / Kirkby, Grizebeck, Foxfield, Broughton, Ulpha
Tuesday - Holbeck and Roose / Grange, Allithwaite, Cark, Witherslack
Wednesday - Dalton, Askam and Ireleth / Coniston, Ambleside, Windermere
Thursday - Walney and Barrow Island / Ulverston, Urswick, Bardsea, Baycliff, Aldingham
Friday - Newbarns and Risedale / Bouth, Rusland, Backbarrow, Newby Bridge, Haverthwaite
Saturday - Central Barrow, Hindpool and Ormsgill / Millom, Bootle and S.Copeland
Deadline for all copy and pictures is 2pm two days prior to publication.
Send your news and pictures to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure all emails are clearly marked with your name and the area you are writing about.
First published at 14:19, Friday, 08 April 2011
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (7 comments)
- Strike planned by health workers from Furness General may be averted
- Failings over maternity care at trust which runs FGH in Barrow ‘could have led to 30 deaths’
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer
- Woman stole handbag while owner danced in Barrow pub (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|