Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks to axe 1,400 jobs
Published at 07:23, Monday, 30 April 2012
Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks are to axe 1,400 jobs
Clydesdale has branches in Carlisle and Workington and Yorkshire has a branch in Kendal.
Owner National Australia Banks says it is taking the action because of deteriorating commercial property loans and an increase in the cost of funding after Clydesdale's credit rating was downgraded.
Among the measure it will be taking is the closure of 29 of the banks' 73 Financial Solution Centres, which offer services to businesses and better-off individual investors. It has one situated in Kingstown, Carlisle.
Nine others will merge with branches.But NAB said the changes would mainly affect operations in the south of England as it looks to focus on consumer and small business lending in Scotland and the north of England
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|