Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks to axe 1,400 jobs
Published at 07:23, Monday, 30 April 2012
Clydesdale and Yorkshire banks are to axe 1,400 jobs
Clydesdale has branches in Carlisle and Workington and Yorkshire has a branch in Kendal.
Owner National Australia Banks says it is taking the action because of deteriorating commercial property loans and an increase in the cost of funding after Clydesdale's credit rating was downgraded.
Among the measure it will be taking is the closure of 29 of the banks' 73 Financial Solution Centres, which offer services to businesses and better-off individual investors. It has one situated in Kingstown, Carlisle.
Nine others will merge with branches.But NAB said the changes would mainly affect operations in the south of England as it looks to focus on consumer and small business lending in Scotland and the north of England
Published by http://www.in-cumbria.com
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- UPDATE: Cumbria road re-opens after crash, man taken to hospital with serious injuries
- Disabled Barrow man ‘happy’ as attackers sent to prison
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|