Cheap loans for Cumbria's small businesses
Last updated at 12:38, Friday, 21 December 2012
Small and medium-sized businesses in Cumbria can apply for loans of up to £150,000 at an interest rate of only one per cent.
The county’s Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has £1m available.
Firms with up to 250 employees can apply for loans to fund capital projects that create jobs.
Applicants need to demonstrate that the project is viable, that it can create jobs and a sufficient return to repay the loan. They must also provide security against the value of the loan.
The initiative is being delivered through the Cumbria Infrastructure Fund (CIF), a £6.1 million pot from the Government’s Growing Places fund which is a permanent fixture. Once loans have been paid back, the money will be loaned out again.
Help to put together business plans and apply is available through Cumbria Chamber of Commerce’s growth-hub advisers. Contact Emma Blaney on 0845 226 0040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|