Cheap loans for Cumbria's small businesses
Last updated at 12:38, Friday, 21 December 2012
Small and medium-sized businesses in Cumbria can apply for loans of up to £150,000 at an interest rate of only one per cent.
The county’s Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has £1m available.
Firms with up to 250 employees can apply for loans to fund capital projects that create jobs.
Applicants need to demonstrate that the project is viable, that it can create jobs and a sufficient return to repay the loan. They must also provide security against the value of the loan.
The initiative is being delivered through the Cumbria Infrastructure Fund (CIF), a £6.1 million pot from the Government’s Growing Places fund which is a permanent fixture. Once loans have been paid back, the money will be loaned out again.
Help to put together business plans and apply is available through Cumbria Chamber of Commerce’s growth-hub advisers. Contact Emma Blaney on 0845 226 0040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|