Cheap loans for Cumbria's small businesses
Last updated at 12:38, Friday, 21 December 2012
Small and medium-sized businesses in Cumbria can apply for loans of up to £150,000 at an interest rate of only one per cent.
The county’s Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has £1m available.
Firms with up to 250 employees can apply for loans to fund capital projects that create jobs.
Applicants need to demonstrate that the project is viable, that it can create jobs and a sufficient return to repay the loan. They must also provide security against the value of the loan.
The initiative is being delivered through the Cumbria Infrastructure Fund (CIF), a £6.1 million pot from the Government’s Growing Places fund which is a permanent fixture. Once loans have been paid back, the money will be loaned out again.
Help to put together business plans and apply is available through Cumbria Chamber of Commerce’s growth-hub advisers. Contact Emma Blaney on 0845 226 0040 or email email@example.com.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|