Cheap loans for Cumbria's small businesses
Last updated at 12:38, Friday, 21 December 2012
Small and medium-sized businesses in Cumbria can apply for loans of up to £150,000 at an interest rate of only one per cent.
The county’s Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has £1m available.
Firms with up to 250 employees can apply for loans to fund capital projects that create jobs.
Applicants need to demonstrate that the project is viable, that it can create jobs and a sufficient return to repay the loan. They must also provide security against the value of the loan.
The initiative is being delivered through the Cumbria Infrastructure Fund (CIF), a £6.1 million pot from the Government’s Growing Places fund which is a permanent fixture. Once loans have been paid back, the money will be loaned out again.
Help to put together business plans and apply is available through Cumbria Chamber of Commerce’s growth-hub advisers. Contact Emma Blaney on 0845 226 0040 or email email@example.com.
First published at 12:34, Friday, 21 December 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|