Cash incentive for Cumbrian firms to take on employees
Last updated at 14:33, Wednesday, 02 May 2012
Cumbrian businesses are being urged to take on young workers and claim up to £2,275 from the Government for each new starter.
Any company that takes on an 18 to 24-year-old from the Government’s Work Programme full-time in a job lasting for at least 26 weeks is eligible. Employment organisation A4e is involved in the scheme.
Its Carlisle local business leader Briony Fawcett said: “Right now, we have a number of motivated customers on the Work Programme eligible for wage incentives and ready to work.
“This is a great way for businesses to fill vacancies with the added benefit of receiving payment directly from the Government.
“I would urge any business thinking of recruiting to find out how this fantastic opportunity can benefit them.”
The Government plans to offer a range of 160,000 wage incentives for employers to take on young workers over the next three years.
The scheme is part of the Coalition’s Youth Contract, unveiled by Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg earlier this year.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 02 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|