Carlisle storage firm launches £150,000 expansion to meet demand
Published at 16:49, Thursday, 26 September 2013
A self-storage company is to undergo a £150,000 expansion to meet increasing demand at its Carlisle base.
Box Clever is to install a new first-floor level, along with a lift, at its secure warehouse on the Kingstown Industrial Estate.
A second phase of development at Millbrook Road will create additional storage spaces above existing ground-floor units.
Facilities manager Paul Swailes, 50, said they were operating at about 92 per cent capacity and had to expand.
"We've only got about three or four of our 94 units free right now. We've got to the stage where we need another level put in here, otherwise there will be no room for anyone else," he added.
Whitehaven-born Mr Swailes, who lives in Brampton, also oversees Box Clever's other self-storage operation at Embleton, near Cockermouth, at the headquarters of its parent company Caterite, the food and drinks supplier.
Pascal Delorme, managing director of Caterite, said there were also plans for a third stage expansion - involving the installation of a third floor.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Pet dog attacked by Staffie in Barrow woodland (88 comments)
- South Cumbria ceremonies mark centenary of First World War (52 comments)
- South Cumbria owners rush to defence of ‘friendly and loving’ dogs
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (25 comments)
- Bobbie Goulding rejects Barrow Raiders contract offer (20 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|