Carlisle rally tyre company unveils new road range
Last updated at 15:21, Friday, 01 June 2012
An expanding tyre company is taking on the industry’s major players further by unveiling a new range and signing a deal for global distribution.
Carlisle-based DMACK this week revealed its new road tyres collection of which 300,000 will be made in the next year.
The firm is already one of only two tyre companies licensed to supply the World Rally Championship. The other is Michelin.
Managing director Dick Cormack says the move to strengthen the grip on the road tyre front – where its customer base will be targeted mid-market – has been years in the planning.
He said: “This is an exciting time for DMACK.
“On the back of exceptional performances of our motorsport tyres in the World Rally Championship, which is viewed by a huge worldwide TV audience, it’s also an ideal opportunity for us to capitalise on the very positive press and media coverage the brand has received in the past year.”
Initially, the new range will consist of four models, designed in the UK and manufactured in China.
All tyres will comply with the latest global regulatory requirements and to EU tyre labelling standards.
Dealers to sell them have already been signed up in Russia, South America, Asia, Australia and Ireland. The launch will be backed by a major marketing campaign.
Sales and marketing director Shane Harding said: “Our global appointed partner programme will give reputable and well-established distributors total exclusivity within their own territories.
“We believe that DMACK will become increasingly attractive to buyers looking to achieve healthy margins.
“Our consultative approach to meeting customer needs will also give partners the opportunity to tailor products for their local marketplace.”
First published at 14:10, Friday, 01 June 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Judge overrules Ulverston supermarket decision (7 comments)
- Ulverston supermarket: Decision could be made this week (3 comments)
- Barrow AFC boss favourite for Mansfield job (7 comments)
- Millom man arrested on suspicion of murdering girlfriend in Kenya
- UPDATE: Woman airlifted to hospital and road closed after Barrow crash
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Barrow woman in tears as court orders dog to be destroyed (28 comments)
- Homebase in talks with discount chain for Barrow (30 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss steps down (6 comments)
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|