Carlisle rally tyre company unveils new road range
Last updated at 15:21, Friday, 01 June 2012
An expanding tyre company is taking on the industry’s major players further by unveiling a new range and signing a deal for global distribution.
Carlisle-based DMACK this week revealed its new road tyres collection of which 300,000 will be made in the next year.
The firm is already one of only two tyre companies licensed to supply the World Rally Championship. The other is Michelin.
Managing director Dick Cormack says the move to strengthen the grip on the road tyre front – where its customer base will be targeted mid-market – has been years in the planning.
He said: “This is an exciting time for DMACK.
“On the back of exceptional performances of our motorsport tyres in the World Rally Championship, which is viewed by a huge worldwide TV audience, it’s also an ideal opportunity for us to capitalise on the very positive press and media coverage the brand has received in the past year.”
Initially, the new range will consist of four models, designed in the UK and manufactured in China.
All tyres will comply with the latest global regulatory requirements and to EU tyre labelling standards.
Dealers to sell them have already been signed up in Russia, South America, Asia, Australia and Ireland. The launch will be backed by a major marketing campaign.
Sales and marketing director Shane Harding said: “Our global appointed partner programme will give reputable and well-established distributors total exclusivity within their own territories.
“We believe that DMACK will become increasingly attractive to buyers looking to achieve healthy margins.
“Our consultative approach to meeting customer needs will also give partners the opportunity to tailor products for their local marketplace.”
First published at 14:10, Friday, 01 June 2012
Published by http://www.cumberlandnews.co.uk
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|