Carlisle garage reopens with freebies for customers
Last updated at 13:58, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Carlisle's Currock Service Station will reopen on Friday after a complete refurbishment of its forecourt.
The Currock Road garage has had a complete replacement of its previous pumps, and now boasts four-state-of-the-art pumps, each with two fuel nozzles.
The refit mean the service station now has a storage capacity of 130,000 litres.
As you would expect, after the nine weeks during which the work was carried out, the reopening on Friday is due to be marked with a host of freebies for customers.
Dave Harkins is the national operations manager for Snax 24, the company which runs the Esso service station.
He said the reopening, due to happen at 11am on Friday, would be offering:
A signed item of Carlisle United memorabilia, which will be raffled to raise funds for the Great North Air Ambulance charity;
A large plasma TV, probably with a 42 inch screen, which will be raffled for Help For Heroes, the charity that helps wounded service men and women;
And various other freebies for the first customers through the door who spend specified amounts, including T-shirts and key rings.
Mr Harkins said: “This is a very busy petrol station and we wanted to mark the fact that we are reopening by doing something special.”
First published at 11:25, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|