Carlisle garage reopens with freebies for customers
Last updated at 13:58, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Carlisle's Currock Service Station will reopen on Friday after a complete refurbishment of its forecourt.
The Currock Road garage has had a complete replacement of its previous pumps, and now boasts four-state-of-the-art pumps, each with two fuel nozzles.
The refit mean the service station now has a storage capacity of 130,000 litres.
As you would expect, after the nine weeks during which the work was carried out, the reopening on Friday is due to be marked with a host of freebies for customers.
Dave Harkins is the national operations manager for Snax 24, the company which runs the Esso service station.
He said the reopening, due to happen at 11am on Friday, would be offering:
A signed item of Carlisle United memorabilia, which will be raffled to raise funds for the Great North Air Ambulance charity;
A large plasma TV, probably with a 42 inch screen, which will be raffled for Help For Heroes, the charity that helps wounded service men and women;
And various other freebies for the first customers through the door who spend specified amounts, including T-shirts and key rings.
Mr Harkins said: “This is a very busy petrol station and we wanted to mark the fact that we are reopening by doing something special.”
First published at 11:25, Wednesday, 30 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|