Business as usual for Workington shops despite landlord problems
Published at 14:09, Friday, 11 January 2013
Businesses at a block in Workington’s Murray Road are not at risk of closure despite a bank’s repossession of the properties.
It is understood that a landlord who owned buildings occupied by Subway, the former Hectic House shop, Picture It, Alison’s Attic and Sole It Lock It on Murray Road, had gone into financial difficulty.
UK Asset Resolution, which manages the closed mortgage books of Northern Rock Asset Management, confirmed last night that an LPA receiver had been appointed to manage the properties, and that shop tenants were not at risk of losing their premises.
Graeme Cameron, owner of Sole It Lock It, said: “Business is the same as usual. We are not moving anywhere. We rely on our regular customers coming back to us and we would like to wish them a happy new year.”
He said he understood that Alison’s Attic was not looking to move either.
Hectic House closed last month.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (8 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|