Business as usual for Workington shops despite landlord problems
Published at 14:09, Friday, 11 January 2013
Businesses at a block in Workington’s Murray Road are not at risk of closure despite a bank’s repossession of the properties.
It is understood that a landlord who owned buildings occupied by Subway, the former Hectic House shop, Picture It, Alison’s Attic and Sole It Lock It on Murray Road, had gone into financial difficulty.
UK Asset Resolution, which manages the closed mortgage books of Northern Rock Asset Management, confirmed last night that an LPA receiver had been appointed to manage the properties, and that shop tenants were not at risk of losing their premises.
Graeme Cameron, owner of Sole It Lock It, said: “Business is the same as usual. We are not moving anywhere. We rely on our regular customers coming back to us and we would like to wish them a happy new year.”
He said he understood that Alison’s Attic was not looking to move either.
Hectic House closed last month.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Google Street View car spotted in Barrow (10 comments)
- Controversial new Barrow homes application submitted to council (42 comments)
- Trust which runs Barrow hospital begins anti-bullying scheme (2 comments)
- Levy could see supermarket profits ploughed into Ulverston (2 comments)
- Protesters pledge to fight plan for 38 Barrow homes near historic site
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
Homes and gardens
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|