Business as usual for Workington shops despite landlord problems
Published at 14:09, Friday, 11 January 2013
Businesses at a block in Workington’s Murray Road are not at risk of closure despite a bank’s repossession of the properties.
It is understood that a landlord who owned buildings occupied by Subway, the former Hectic House shop, Picture It, Alison’s Attic and Sole It Lock It on Murray Road, had gone into financial difficulty.
UK Asset Resolution, which manages the closed mortgage books of Northern Rock Asset Management, confirmed last night that an LPA receiver had been appointed to manage the properties, and that shop tenants were not at risk of losing their premises.
Graeme Cameron, owner of Sole It Lock It, said: “Business is the same as usual. We are not moving anywhere. We rely on our regular customers coming back to us and we would like to wish them a happy new year.”
He said he understood that Alison’s Attic was not looking to move either.
Hectic House closed last month.
Published by http://www.timesandstar.co.uk
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|