Britain's Energy Coast appoints new chief executive
Published at 15:35, Monday, 12 November 2012
Britain's Energy Coast has appointed its new chief executive.
Steven Szostak, 56, has joined from Regenerate Pennine Lancashire, where he was deputy managing director and head of investment.
Originally an urban planner, he has 20 years experience running several economic development and business support partnerships and has held regeneration-related positions with various councils.
A rugby league fan, Mr Szostak is looking forward to watching Whitehaven and Workington Town games. His son Alex plays back row for Sheffield Eagles and will be vying for a place in the Scotland squad for next year's World Cup.
He said his passion has always been to help build stronger, business-friendly economies that improve the job and career prospects of local people.
"West Cumbria is in the extremely fortunate position of facing huge investment in the local nuclear industry and has all the ingredients to grasp opportunities in clean technologies, in particular wet renewables,” he added.
Mr Szostak takes over from acting chief executive Tom Gilroy, who returns to Sellafield Ltd following a two-and-a-half year secondment.
Britain’s Energy Coast is funded by the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Nuclear Management Partners and Sellafield Limited to deliver socio-economic developments across west Cumbria.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|